"My goal is to make women feel confident, beautiful and strong in their daily activities. I strive on creating innovative and inspiring design coupled with clothes that are comfortable and practical to wear to suit the conditions of the modern woman."
Shaleena Nowbuth is an international fashion designer/stylist in London, UK and in Mauritius. Shaleena always knew she wanted to run her own fashion house, inspired by her mother. Originally from Mauritius, she moved to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to pursue a Degree in Business Information. Her passion for fashion led her to undertake a Fashion, Design & Styling Degree at Middlesex University, London and a Fashion Photography course at Central Saint Martins, University of Arts, London in a quest to pursue her dream career in the fashion industry. A vegetarian who is deeply committed to sustainability, animal welfare and women empowerment, Shaleena gives her time and energy to promoting awareness about the issues she believes in.
Shaleena launched her brand House of Shaleena Nowbuth in 2016 after having gauged 5 years of experience in the fashion industry. Timeless, chic, bespoke, Shaleena celebrates femininity and all that makes a woman beautiful with unapologetic confidence. Striking silhouettes in luxurious organic fabrics and rich colours are fused with handcrafted design to create comfortable and practical collections to suit the conditions of the modern woman. Offering a refined aesthetic with a fresh perspective, every SN signature piece is designed with an intriguing sense of confidence based on the concept of enhancing and empowering a woman.
Sustainability and Eco-Fashion lie at the heart of the House of Shaleena Nowbuth. Bringing the collections to life in our atelier using sustainably sourced material, we strive to reflect the same values for the brand as we would expect in our own lives; consciously and responsibly to create a beautiful tomorrow for our customers and the planet.
Journey up to date
The House of Shaleena Nowbuth has grown steadily and gained momentum since its launch. The brand has featured in:
- London Fashion Week, Asian and European Paris Fashion Show, Cambridge Roar Charity Event Fashion Show
- British Vogue UK, Zee TV UK, London Runway Magazine, Seen in the City UK
- ASAHCA in London to commemorate International Women’s Day representing Mauritius on behalf of the Mauritian High Commission in UK
- Music Video for MTV Emerging UK Artist, Lydia Singer –‘Truth Hurts’
- MBC Elle Mauritius TV Programme, Le Defi Mauritius Newspaper, Le Mauricien Press, Weekend Scope Magazine
- Miss Universe Mauritius Pageant Competition